shrimp and carrot sandwiches with curry mayonnaiseFrom jjals 7 years ago
- Use a mandoline or other manual slicer as an easy and fast way to julienne carrots and thinly slice fennel. shopping list
- 1/2 cups thinly shredded carrots (2 to 3 total) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1!/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (preferably Madras) shopping list
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 (6-inch) pita loaves shopping list
- small fennel bulb, very thinly sliced shopping list
- tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 275°.
- In a bowl, combine carrots, 1 tablespoon oil and pinch salt and pepper. In a second bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; season with pepper.
- Warm pitas in oven until heated through but still pliable, about 3 minutes; fold in half, or cut in half horizontally if you prefer to fill pockets. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom halves of pitas. Make sandwiches with carrots, fennel, shrimp, a little more mayonnaise mixture and dill.
The Cookjjals Lake Havasu City, AZ
The Rating1 people
Another good one, John! Thanks...justjakesmom in Everett loved it