fresh ricotta slow-roasted tomato and zucchini sandwichesFrom jjals 6 years ago
- Slow-roasted tomatoes— once moist and sweet—add punch to this simple yet flavorful sandwich. shopping list
- coarse sea salt shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- red wine vinegar shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, shopping list
- 1 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 4 (3- to 4-inch) seeded sandwich rolls, halved horizontally and lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- -Heat oven to 250°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add tomatoes and boil for 20 seconds; drain, peel, quarter and seed. Pat tomatoes dry and arrange on parchment; sprinkle with salt and bake until shriveled but still moist, about 1 '/z hours. Drizzle with oil and cool on wire rack.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook, turning occasionally, until softened and lightly golden, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Drizzle lightly with vinegar and oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, stir together ricotta, capers and basil; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle rolls with oil. Make sandwiches with zucchini, ricotta mixture and tomatoes.