DalFrom rich_banff 6 years ago
- This is a rough estimate of the amount of ingredients, as I always just guess the amounts. It's pretty hard to mess it up so dont worry about the proprotions. shopping list
- 2-3 Cups of red lentlis shopping list
- I Medium white onion, diced shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped. (depending on how much you like the stuff) shopping list
- I Inch ginger, grated or finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Green chllli (hot), chopped and seeded shopping list
- 1 Tsp jeera (cumin) shopping list
- 0.5 Tsp tumeric shopping list
- 1 Tsp chilli powder shopping list
- 2-3 cloves (Optional) shopping list
- Handful of fresh corrinader leaves, roughly chopped (Optional, but makes it taste so much better!) shopping list
- 1 Tbl vegeatble oil, for frying (sunflower works best) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger etc.
- Heat a saucepan to a medium heat and fry the spices (Jeera, tumeric, chilli powder) in the oil. Stir for a few minutes, and let the spices (masala) cook. You will know its cooked, when oil starts to bubble up throught the spices.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Fry for a few more minutes, until the onion is sweated.
- Add the lentils and some water.
- Let the water reduce, and add more water. repeat this step until the lentils are cooked. You can tell when they are cooked when they squash easily in your fingers, and are roughly twice their original size.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh corriander and stir in to dal.
- Serve with rice.
The Cookrich_banff Leicester, U.K.
- Not added to any groups yet!