Date Nut Orange BreadFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 cup chopped pitted dates shopping list
- 3/4 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 large seedless navel orange cut in large chunks shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup walnuts shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoon butter cut in 4 pieces shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dates, water and baking soda in small mixing bowl then set aside.
- Grease and flour loaf pan then preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor with the knife blade place orange pieces including skin and process to chop.
- Add flour, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and half the date mixture and process just until well mixed.
- Add remaining date mixture and nuts then process 15 seconds.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 60 minutes then cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides with a spatula and remove from pan.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
luve the orange flavor and walnuts in this recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds good, and I looove orange date bread. thank you. will save this one!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!