FOUR RULES, #1 Eat When You Are Hungry

• smittenmoose 15 years ago
    http://www.mckenna.com/default.aspx?pid=39

Eat when you are hungry :

No kidding, you think, but as an overweight person, you have trained yourself to not only eat when you are hungry, but when you are bored, upset, or any variety of reasons.

For the first week that you try Paul's program, just follow the four golden rules. Later on I will write about the rest, but do not worry, there are no sneaky counting calories or buying any equipment, or even any real 'exersice' program.

Paul has a hunger scale from one to ten.
    1. Physically Faint
    2. Ravenous

3.Fairly hungry
    4.Slightly Hungry
    5.Nuetral
    6.Pleasently Satisfies
    7.Full

8. Stuffed
    9. Bloated
    10.Nauseous

You are never to feel faint, or ravenous. Equally you are never to get yourself stuffed, bloated, or nauseous. Stay in the middle at all times, from 3 - 7 on the scale.

Because of the way people 'diet' they starve themselves. They put their bodies into fat storage mode as if there were a famine going on. The body says 'there's not much food going in, i better save as much as i can as fat in case i don't get to eat again'. That response is hard wired, you cannot think you body to not store fat as much as you can tell your heart to pump faster. But if your body has the food it wants, when it wants, it will have no reason to store up as much as it can.

Remember that real hunger comes on gradually. A craving on the other hand, is usually sudden.

This can be harder than you think. I have been on nearly every diet, low carb, right carb, low calories, low fat, expensive diet pills, counting points, drinking shakes. Because I dieted so much, it was hard to know when to eat. I would have a 100 calories of this, or a low fat yogurt for a snack and was always still hungry, but I would fight that feeling till I didn't feel it as much. Then I would wind up eating tons of anything quick in the dead of night because I was starving. Or I would give in to a craving, because it was there, even if I wasn't hungry (like cookies).
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →