Orecchiette With Peppers And SausagesFrom darmorrow 8 years ago
- 250 grams of orecchiette pasta pre-cooked (can substitute bows) shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large red onion, sliced end to end and cut in wedges shopping list
- 1 each small red, yellow and orange pepper, sliced in half diagonally and then sliced shopping list
- 1 large tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 small Japanese eggplant, sliced in half diagonally and then sliced shopping list
- 2 sausages - chorizo or Italian or one of each shopping list
- 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino chees shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of Pesto shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the sausages for 10 minutes to reduce fat content. Then slice and fry in pan. Add the ingredients as listed below.
- Saute onion until translucent then add garlic.
- Add eggplant and cook until just tender.
- Add peppers being careful not to overcook.
- Add pasta and pesto.
- Remove from stove. Add cheese, more pesto if you like and the olive oil.
- Dish up in pasta bowls and top with more cheese.
The Cookdarmorrow North Vancouver, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!