Wild Mushroom Barley Risotto - Rice CookerFrom softgrey 5 years ago
- 1 cup raw barley shopping list
- 2 cups liquid -water or stock shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic - smashed shopping list
- parmigiano reggiano cheese- freshly grated shopping list
- pinch of salt *optional* shopping list
- freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
- dehydrated mixed wild mushrooms- i buy this in bulk at costco, use whatever kind you like best. shopping list
How to make it
- Reconstitute mushrooms according to package directions and chop.
- Add liquid, barley, mushrooms and garlic to rice cooker.
- *add salt at this time if desired*
- Stir and set on cook.
- Leave barley in cooker, covered, for another 15 minutes.
- Check barley for tenderness and add more liquid and leave covered to absorb more if necessary.
- Add grated cheese and black pepper to taste and stir well.
- Garlic will be softened and mild-i stir it and smash it right into the risotto for extra flavour.
- Serve with extra grated cheese.
- *pictured on a bed of baby greens w. extra virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice, pinch of salt, shredded parmesan and a grilled pork spare rib. H20 w/ lemon.
The Cooksoftgrey New York
- Not added to any groups yet!