Sake-Cooked Asparagus with Seaweed GarnishFrom mokona 4 years ago
How to make it
- Wash asparagus and cut off tough base of stems.
- Using scissors, cut ajitsuke-nori seaweed into fine strips, lengthwise.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Slide the hard stalks of the asparagus, but not the tender tips, into the water.
- Return to a boil and simmer until the hard stalks are only just done. Submerge the tips and simmer for 1 minute, or until just tender. Drain and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Put sake, mirin, and soy sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Arrange asparagus into 4 small bowls. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle over shredded seaweed.
The Cookmokona Metro-Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!