White bean turkey chiliFrom holly1368 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. of lean ground turkey shopping list
- 2 medium onions diced shopping list
- 1 1/2. tsps. oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2. tsps. cumin shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes undrained shopping list
- 3 C. chicken stock (homemade if you have it ) shopping list
- 8 oz. tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 TBS. chili powder shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3 cans of any white bean drained and rinsed (White kidney,Great Northern etc.) shopping list
- Add any "hotness" to your liking. My husband likes red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven brown turkey for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add oregano and cumin cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes,chicken stock, chili powder,salt, pepper, and bay leaves.(Now would be a good time to add your "hotness" of choice. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat,cover,and simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove lid, add beans and heat until cooked through.
The Cookholly1368 Plymouth, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!