PENNE WITH SAUSAGE PEPPERS AND TOMATOESFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 10-oz Italian turkey sausage, cut into ½ -inch slices shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 cups canned tomatoes, drained ( no salt added ) shopping list
- 2 roasted medium red bell peppers, * Diced shopping list
- ¼ tsp. Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6-oz penne pasta shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat 30 seconds; heat oil 30 seconds more. Add sausage and cook, stirring, 8-10 minutes, until browned. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes more. Stir in red peppers and black pepper.
- 2)Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook penne 10-12 minutes, until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 3)Add sausage mixture to penne and toss to combine. Divide evenly among 4 plates; sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons Parmesan and serve.
- Calories per serving: 400, Fat: 1g, Carbohydrate: 45mg, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 568mg