Sesame Tossed SaladFrom nancerose 9 years ago
- 5 cups chopped or torn crisp lettuce, lightly packed shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seds shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp prepared mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Combine lettuce, onion, celery and sesame seeds in bowl. Sesame seeds can be toasted in 350 degrees F oven for about 5 - 10 minutes stirring once or twice until lightly browned. Chill salad until needed.
- Stir all 4 ingredients together until sugar is dissolved. Just befroe serving pour over salad. Toss.
- Serves 4
- Rich In Beneficial Minerals
- Sesame seeds are a very good source of copper, and calcium.
- Just a quarter-cup of sesame seeds supplies 74.0% of the daily value for copper, 31.6% of the DV for magnesium, and 35.1% of the DV for calcium. This rich assortment of minerals translates into the following health benefits:
- Copper Provides Relief for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Copper is known for its use in reducing some of the pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Copper's effectiveness is due to the fact that this trace mineral is important in a number of antiinflammatory and antioxidant enzyme systems. In addition, copper plays an important role in the activity of lysyl oxidase, an enzyme needed for the cross-linking of collagen and elastin--the ground substances that provide structure, strength and elasticity in blood vessels, bones and joints.
- [ send green star]
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!