Bread Pudding with Chocolate and Brandied CherriesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup dried cherries shopping list
- 1/4 cup brandy or apple juice shopping list
- 3 cups half-and-half or light cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 5 cups soft white bread cubes (about 6 to 7 slices of bread) shopping list
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat eight 6-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place cups in large roasting pan; set aside. In small bowl combine dried cherries and brandy or juice; set aside.
- 2. In medium saucepan combine half-and-half and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved.
- 3. In mixing bowl whisk together eggs and egg yolks. Slowly add half-and-half mixture to beaten egg mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in vanilla. Stir in bread cubes. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Stir in the dried cherry-brandy mixture and divide mixture among custard cups. Evenly distribute chopped chocolate.
- 4. Place roasting pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into pan to reach halfway up sides of custard cups. Bake 30 minutes, until knife inserted near pudding centers comes out clean. Remove cups from the water. Serve warm.
- Makes 8 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
OMG !!!! no frickin way you know i love bread pudding i dont want to gain any weight im having trouble losing more lol ...............you are soooooooo bad lol...........omg im honored peeta thank you !!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I'm so glad that you posted this and thanks, Tink, for inspiring it!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
YUMMY!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!