Pork Chops with Apple and Cider GravyFrom matt.yarranton 6 years ago
- 4 pork loin chops, about 1.5cm thick shopping list
- 1 large red onion roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 large eating apple cored, peeled and sliced shopping list
- A knob of butter shopping list
- 3-4 sage leaves chopped shopping list
- 150ml good apple cider shopping list
- 200ml chicken or veg stock shopping list
- Mashed potato made with Dijon mustard shopping list
- Fine green beans boiled for 2 mins shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over a moderate to high heat and add the chops.
- After one minute turn the chops over then throw in the apples and onion. Turn down the heat.
- Add a knob of butter.
- Keep turning the chops every minute or so until done, about 8-10 minutes. Keep the apples and onions moving so they don't stick.
- Remove the chops from the pan and keep warm.
- By this time the onions should have softened, if not cook for a little longer.
- Turn up the heat and pour in the cider which should boil immediately.
- Still on a high heat, reduce the cider by half stiring all the time scraping the goodness from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chopped sage.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce this by half.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon share the oinions and apple between two plates.
- Place the chops on top of the apples and onions.
- Add the mash and beans to the plate and pour the gravy over the chops and mash.
The Cookmatt.yarranton Brierley Hill, West Midlands
The Rating1 people
Great recipe! It seems easy to follow and not too complicated. I'll make these tonight, and let you know how they turn out.messyjes in Plainfield loved it
I made this last night, and it turned out really good. Next time I'm going to double the apple gravy recipe....yum!messyjes in Plainfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!