Pork Cutlets with Shrimp and Bernaise SauceFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1 bunch asparagus spears ends trimmed shopping list
- 8 ounces baby shrimp shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 lemon sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 pork cutlets lightly pounded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 1 shallot chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- Béarnaise Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon chopped shopping list
- 2 shallots minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter melted and hot shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Blanch asparagus tips in simmering water then drain and set aside.
- Poach shrimp in water, white wine and lemon slices until warmed through and set aside.
- In shallow dish combine flour, salt and pepper then dredge the veal cutlets.
- In sauté pan over medium heat melt 1 tablespoon butter and fry pork 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork to a warm platter then using same pan melt remaining butter.
- Stir in shallots and tarragon then add oil, asparagus and shrimp then sauté 2 minutes to warm.
- Place asparagus and shrimp on top of each cutlet then drizzle with béarnaise sauce and serve hot.
- Combine tarragon, shallots, vinegar and wine over medium high heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a stainless steel bowl in a saucepan containing simmering water or use a double boiler.
- Whisk the egg yolks until doubled in volume.
- Slowly add the melted butter and continue beating until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in reserved shallot reduction then season with salt and pepper.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!