Mexican ToastFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
- Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in the egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat the tortillas. Allow to soak for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with the remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
- SERVING TIP: Migh top these with maple syrup and either fresh or thawed frozen strawberries.