Quick Quesadilla PocketsFrom canned_food_fan 5 years ago
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 1 large, red bell pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa shopping list
- 2 cups shredded, reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, chili powder and onion powder and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, corn and salsa and heat through. Reduce heat to low. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese and stir until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Assemble quesadillas by arranging bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Fold over, press down gently and place each on the baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining cheese and olives on quesadillas, if desired.
- Bake until cheese melts and tortillas become crisp at the edges, about 8 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve. Top with sour cream, if desired.