Cod Au GratinFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 pound cod fillets cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 small white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 then place cod in a lightly greased baking dish.
- In heavy saucepan melt butter and sauté onion until soft.
- Stir in flour and whisk constantly for 4 minutes then gradually stir in half the milk.
- Return to heat and beat until smooth and shiny.
- Gradually add remaining milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook sauce stirring until smooth and thickened then pour over fish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese then bake 30 minutes.