Orange Chocolate Chip Snack CakeFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1/2 c pitted dates shopping list
- 3 Tbs mini semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 Tbs plus 1-3/4 c flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2/3 c packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 6 Tbs I Can't Beleive It's Not butter vegetable oil spread shopping list
- 1/2 c refrigerated liquid egg substitute,such as Egg Beaters shopping list
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest shopping list
- Thawed frozen whipped topping,mini chocolate chips,greated orange zest and orange slices,if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat square 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In pot,bring dates and 3/4 c water to simmer;cook till tender,10 mins. Transfer mixture to blender;puree. Reserve. Toss chips with 1 Tbs flour;reserve. Combine remaing flour,baking powder,soda,and salt.
- On medium-high speed,beat sugar and oil spread till fluffy,2 to 3 mins.. Beat in egg substitute,reserved date puree and orange juice until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Stir in zest and reserved chip mixture.
- Pour into pan. Bake 30 mins. or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, Cool 10 mins. Remove from pan;cool on rack. If desired,spread with topping and garnish with chips,zest and orange slices.