Twice Smashed Baked PotatoesFrom desertgal 4 years ago
- 4 large russet potatoes, each about 3/4 pound each, well scrubbed shopping list
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets, blanched shopping list
- 4 tablespoons softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar, plus extra for topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda, plus extra for topping shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- butter, for serving, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Place on center rack of oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Using a paring knife, cut a canoe-like top out of the potatoes. Scoop the flesh into a large mixing bowl, leaving a 1/2-inch thick wall around the skin.
- Add the blanched broccoli to the potatoes. Stir in the butter, sour cream, Cheddar, Gouda, and salt and pepper; and mash until creamy.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the filling back into the potatoes. It will be a nice mounded pile of filling. Sprinkle with more of both cheeses on top of the potatoes.
- Set the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese in melted and gooey. Serve with butter, if desired.
The Cookdesertgal Billings, MT
- Not added to any groups yet!