Roasted Garlic Apple Mashed PotatoesFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 3 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, cut into cubes - leave skins on! shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half and half, I used the fat-free variety shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced small shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- In aluminum foil, put garlic cloves, salt & pepper & drizzle with oil. Seal and roast about 30 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, heat half & half. Drain potatoes and put them back into the pot. Add warmed half & half, butter and roasted garlic squeezed from cloves. Mash together. Stir in apples, season to taste.