Slow Cooker Rum Butterscotch BananasFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark rum shopping list
- 2 large, firm, ripe bananas shopping list
- vanilla ice cream for serving shopping list
- NOTE: this will only make 1.25 cups of sauce, which doesn't seem like enough to me (and 2 bananas are definitely not enough for my family!). I plan to double this recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and rum in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Peel the bananas, cut in half lengthwise, and cut each piece in half crosswise to make 4 pieces per banana. Add to the hot sauce.
- Cover and continue to cook on LOW until heated through and coated, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!