Slow Cooker Taco SoupFrom fizzle3nat 6 years ago
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3 to 4 - 14 oz. cans chili or kidney beans (3 if using 1 1/2 lbs. beef, 4 if using 1 lb. beef), undrained shopping list
- 1 - 14 oz. can whole-kernel corn, undrained shopping list
- 1 - 14.5 oz.. can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 pkg. ranch dressing mix shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet, cook ground beef, onions, and green pepper together until beef is browned and vegetables are softened. Drain (my coworker drains and rinses the mixture at this step, but I think draining is sufficient). Empty beef mixture into 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add beans, corn, and tomatoes, including all their liquids from the cans into the slow cooker. Add tomatoe sauce and seasoning mixes. Mix until combined.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours; reduce heat to warm until ready to serve (can be as long as 4 to 6 hours on warm).
- Serve with tortillas or tortilla chips, cheese, and/or sour cream. Cornbread is nice with this, too.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!