Grilled Pork Chops with Anise-Seed Rub and Mango MojoFrom darbar 8 years ago
- For mango mojo shopping list
- 1 mango, peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh jalapeño (including seeds) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- For anise-seed rub shopping list
- 1 tablespoon anise seeds shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) loin pork chops, trimmed shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare grill (do not spread charcoal out to edges of grill).
- Make mojo:
- 3Purée mango, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, and salt in a blender, then stir in cilantro.
- Make rub:
- Finely grind anise seeds and peppercorns in an electric coffee/spice grinder with salt and sugar. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in oil.
- Grill pork:
- Brush both sides of pork with spice rub.
- Grill pork on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 2 minutes on each side. Move pork off to side of grill (not directly over coals; moderately low heat for gas grills) and cook pork, covered, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes more on each side.
- Transfer to a platter and let stand, loosely covered, 5 minutes.
- Serve pork with mojo.
The Cookdarbar Brevard, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!