Cranberry BeefFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 8 ounces jellied cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 whole star anise shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 beef tenderloin filets shopping list
- 1 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then combine cranberry sauce, sherry, broth, spices and sugar.
- Simmer 10 minutes then discard the star anise.
- Heat butter in a skillet until it is foamy.
- Dredge beef in seasoned flour and sauté in butter for 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer beef to an ovenproof dish then pour cranberry mixture into skillet.
- Reduce by half over high heat then pour sauce over beef and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.