Wheat Germ Banana MuffinsFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 - let them get really ripe) shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk (or buttermilk) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup oil (I like to use extra virgin olive oil because it's a good for you oil) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 16 muffin cups with muffin papers.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and wheat germ together in a medium mixing bowl. In another bowl combine the bananas, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Mix in the dry ingredients. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean; about 25 minutes.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating2 people
Loved the addition of wheat germ. The muffins were very tasty and moist. They are still moist after four days. Next time I will try to make them a bit healthier with swapping flours and cutting back on the sugar.mlegrace in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!