Moms Bean SaladFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can small red beans* shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes, halved and sliced shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped** shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can roasted chopped green chilies (such as Ortega) shopping list
- 1 large lime, juiced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Drain and rinse the beans. Combine along with the other ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate a few hours at least to allow the flavors to blend.
- Mom likes to garnish hers with tomato wedges.
- *Note: You can substitute red kidney beans for the small red beans, or actually almost any kind of bean you like will work in this.
- **Note: OK...some people don't like cilantro. As a matter of fact, to some people cilantro tastes like soap...and that's not a good flavor in food. So if you don''t like cilantro, put in some parsley, or just leave it out altogether.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!