Multigrain Toast with Scrambled Eggs and Canadian BaconFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 6 slices multigrain bread shopping list
- 9 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 6 oz sliced Canadian bacon, chopped shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter, then brush onto both sides of bread. Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter or rim of a glass, cut out 1 round from center of each bread slice. Arrange bread slices (and cutout rounds) on a large baking sheet and toast in oven, without turning over, until golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer each toast (with round) to a plate.
- While bread toasts, lightly whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Cook bacon in remaining tablespoon butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs and cook, undisturbed, until they begin to set around edge, about 1 minute, then cook, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until just set, about 1 minute more. Divide among toast holes and top with sour cream and chives.