Charlottes Web Pumpkin SoupFrom ttaaccoo 5 years ago
- Preparation: roast the squash, choose buttercup* or butternut or pumpkin or acorn. Cut squash in about six pieces, and brush them with oil. roast at 450 F for about 20 minutes, turning often. You will have about 3 cups . * The author, Lucy Waverman states that buttercup is the most flavorful. shopping list
- The Soup: shopping list
- 2 Table. oil shopping list
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger shopping list
- 3 cups roasted squash shopping list
- 2 star anise shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- The glaze shopping list
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 Table. honey shopping list
- pinch cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat, add leeks, garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionally. Add squash, star anise and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove star anise, and puree soup. Return to pot and add cream. Simmer 5 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring balsamic vinegar, honey and cinnamon to a boil while soup is cooking. Boil for 6 minutes, or until syrupy. Place glaze inside squeeze bottle. Draw spiderwebs* over each bowl of soup.
- *The cobweb can be easily made by using a paper cone or a plastic squeeze bottle. Make 4 -5 concentric circles on top of the soup. With the point of a knife, draw through the lines.
- Alternatively, sprinkle with slivered almonds.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
The Rating4 people
Very nicehungrybear in Miner loved it
Did not think the flavors were working until the web addition.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
One of my favorites! Thanks for the post. It sounds "ghoulishly good".
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!