Tofu Pumpkin CheesecakeFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- 1st Part shopping list
- 1 package (13 to 14 oz.) firm silken tofu (rinse with cool water & drain before adding to bowl) shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese (I used Better than Creamcheese) shopping list
- 2 eggs (or eggbeaters) (house of yum used 2 Table. cornstarch) shopping list
- 1/3 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 2 Table. lemon juice, fresh shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- pie crust Optional ( i used graham cracker pre-made. House of Yum used gluten-free ginger cookie crust) shopping list
- 2nd Part shopping list
- 1/2 cup pumpkin shopping list
- 3 Table. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons rum (Captain Morgan) shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- In a food processor or blender, process Part 1 until the mixture is smooth and creamy. At this junction, taste and adjust for flavors. Take out 1 1/2 cups and set aside. Into the mixture still in the food processor, add Part 2. and process until well combined
- Pour the Reserved tofu /egg /creamcheese mixture into the crust to make the first layer.
- Then pour the pumpkin mixture over the creamcheese layer. and into the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Until knife inserted comes out clean. (IThe cheesecake was not quite at the "clean knife" stage,so I turned off the oven and left the cheesecake in the oven for another hour.) My layers did not turn out--it is more "marbled" . Maybe you know little tricks to secure the layered outcome. I like the Marbled-it is pretty. enjoy, take to holiday festivities with pride! (house of yum has reviews, and NO ONE even suggested it was tofu.
- I had extra Part 2 which I put into a greased bowl and baked it along with the cheesecake. It was a "clean knife" at 45 minutes, and over-the-top delectable. Wow-wheeee!!!