Pot Roast DinnerFrom sloski 6 years ago
- 2 1/2-3 lbs. beef chuck pot roast shopping list
- 1 tbs canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- l/2 tsp. salt, dried crushed basil & dried crushed thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1-2 minced clove garlic shopping list
- 6 carrots, quartered & cut into 1/2 pieces shopping list
- 6 boiling onions( any onions will work - just quarter them) shopping list
- 1/4 cups quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into crockery cooker. (It's so tender it will fall apart anyway). In a skillet brown roast on all side in hot oil. In a bowl combine tomato juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, basil, thyme, pepper, and garlic.
- In a crockery cooker, place carrots and onions. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place roast on top of vegetables. Pour tomato mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or high-heat setting for 4. Depends on your crockpot.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a platter. Skim fat from gravy. Pour into a gravy bowl and pass with meat and vegetables. Serve with mashed potatoes and bread for dipping.
- HINT: used V8 juice but didn't like it as much.