Chipolte BBQ Sauce for ShrimpFrom jeannej 7 years ago
- 10-20 jumbo shrimp (Jumbos are about 20 per pound) shopping list
- 5-10 Slices of Thick-cut bacon shopping list
- 1-2 fresh Jalapanos shopping list
- Long bamboo skewers shopping list
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 3 Tbls lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 oz. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 Tbls Chipoltes in Adobe Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for about 15 mins or so.
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp.
- Clean the jalapanos and slice into slivers.
- Cut the bacon in half.
- Pre-cook the bacon, about to half done.
- Place a sliver of jap in the cut of the shrimp and wrap a piece of bacon around it. Skewer the shrimp with 2 skewers.
- Grill the shrimp and bast with half the sauce..
- Mix all the sauce ingreds.
- Use half for basting the shrimp as you cook them, and the other half for dipping.
- Try to eat these under a huge tree with a flashlight hanging in the branches for light.
The Cookjeannej Raleigh, NC
The Rating5 people
You are spot on with the tip about pre- cooking the bacon. I have been to cook outs where people's bacon wrapped shrimp had uncooked places on the bacon. Love all the spices and chili's used to hot um up.
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
High 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
great post...five forks..and I agree with precooking the bacon..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!