Date and mixed Nut BreadFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup cooking oil shopping list
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Line bottom of the pan with a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat egg with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts and dates.
- 3. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Remove waxed paper or parchment paper. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- 5. Makes 1 loaf (14 servings)