Gnocchi With White Beans And PestoFrom buttercup21 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 pound pre-packaged gnocchi (typically found in the pasta aisle) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, de-stemmed and quartered shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can BUSH'S® cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup canned fried onions shopping list
- 3/4 cup pre-packaged pesto shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. When warm add mushrooms and cook for three minutes.
- Add celery, cover and cook one minute more until celery is bright green and soft.
- Uncover and cook until water has evaporated.
- Remove celery and mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; when warm add drained gnocchi and brown, leaving it alone until bottoms are crisp.
- Stir and continue to brown the other sides.
- Turn off the heat; add mushrooms, celery, cannellini beans, spinach, olives, sage, salt and onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix pesto and chicken broth together.
- Top gnocchi with sauce and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Serve.