Southwestern meatloaf and stuffed red peppersFrom slbeck 6 years ago
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb pork sausage shopping list
- 1 onion chopped small shopping list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped small shopping list
- 2 green chilies, seeded and chopped small shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped small shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped small shopping list
- 1 red jalepeno, seeded and chopped small shopping list
- 1 tsp worchestershire shopping list
- 1 tsp Montreeal steak seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups oatmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili sauce shopping list
How to make it
- prepare all the vegetables and put them into a mixing bowl
- add the spices and mix
- add the eggs and milk and mix
- add the oatmeal and mix
- finally add the meats and mix well.
- If you are going to use the mixture to stuff peppers, prepare the bell peppers by cutting them in half and scooping out the seeds and ribs
- stuff the halves with the meat mixture
- cover the bottom of the pan with water, place the peppers in, open side up, cover and bake an hour at 350 degrees Top with chili sauce when done and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- otherwise place meat mixture into baking dish and flatten, then round down the sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 miinutes. 1/2 way thru baking, drain any oil that may have accumulated. When done, top with chili sauce and bake 5 minutes longer.
- I serve with mashed potatoes.and sliced tomatoes in a spanish vinaigrette.
The Cookslbeck Dolan Springs, AZ
The Rating4 people
I gonna give you a 5, even though you seeded the chilies.
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
all great flavor combo here thanks great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sound yummy!turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!