Apple Cake With Marzipan CustardFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- apple cake with and marzipan custard shopping list
- 250 g butter or margarine shopping list
- 250 g of sugar or appropriate amt of an artificial sweetener shopping list
- 1 packet vanilla sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs, shopping list
- 150 g flour shopping list
- 100 g cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 kg apples shopping list
- marzipan, custard filling: shopping list
- 1 liter milk shopping list
- 2 Pkg vanilla pudding or custard powder shopping list
- 75 g sugar shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 200 g marzipan shopping list
- coarse sugar for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter or margarine with sugar in an electric mixer at high speed till well belnded.
- Gradually mix in sugar and vanilla sugar
- Add eggs one at a time till well blended
- Combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder add to creamed mixture on medium spreed to form a dough
- Grease a deep baking pan ( 30 x 40 cm ) and add the dough mixture, smoothing it into the pan
- Peel, core and slice apples and place slices in a tile fashion over the dough in pan
- Mix 6 Tbs of the milk with the custard powder, sugar and egg yolks and set aside.
- Cut the marizan into small pieces
- Bring milk plus the marizpan in a pot to a boil to dissolve the marzipan.
- If marzipan does not dissolve easily, carefully place marzipan in a food processor to process smooth
- When the milk boils, stir in reserved pudding powder mixture, and bring to a boil again.
- Remove mixture from heat
- Beat egg whites stiff and fold into the custard mixture.
- Spread over the apples
- Bake 180 C about 45 minutes or golden and cooked
- Cool on a wire rack and sprinkle with coarse sugar
- Cool completely prior to serving.
- May be chilled
- Refrigerate leftovers
- Note: .
- If desired use an additional 100 grams of mrzipan and mix with some flour and a little powdered sugar and form a dough.
- Roll out between two sheets of waxed paper and cut out leaves or decorations to place on each pie of cake
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
This looks like it would be great. Wish we had the English measurements here. How big is a packet of vanilla sugar?m2googee in Tomball loved it