Fried SquirrelFrom taylorsue82 7 years ago
- 4 squirrels, dressed n cut up in desired pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups baking mix shopping list
- 3 teaspoons season all shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pepper shopping list
- enough oil to come to bout a inch or so in cast iron skillet shopping list
How to make it
- Wash squirrel well n make sure no shot left anywhere.
- In ziplock bag place baking mix n all the seasoning and shake well till mixed
- Over meduim high heat , heat oil in skillet.
- Add a few pieces of squuirrel at a time to seasoned baking mix, shaking well so pieces are well coated.
- Fry squirrel in hot oil till nice n golden brown.
- Place in large pan, cover with foil when all the squirrel has been fried and place in 250 degree oven n slowly cook till tender apox. 2 hours.
The Cooktaylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
The Rating5 people
Pretty much how my mom would cook squirrel and quail for me. You could also fry them until just browned, then remove the pieces. Make a brown gravy from the oil/drippings and then place the pieces back in the gravy to stew them making them more tende...morecliff in Nederland loved it
I did the gravy thing to when we lived in the country, but I put the gravy into a crock pot and placed the fried pieces into the crock pot and went to work. came home to some of the best squirrel in the world!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
Do this all the time!wttothemax in SE loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Anything Goes289 members
Family Favorites141 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
Oldies But Goodies115 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Yahoo Bitches32 members
Hunters And Gatherers44 members
Good Friends And Good Ole Country Cooking40 members