Beef Curry CasseroleFrom ditty 7 years ago
- 1 kg beef, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (adjust to taste) shopping list
- 2½ cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 x 400 mL can coconut milk (this makes it nice and different) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Season beef with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of oil,
- Heat a fry pan.
- Brown the beef in batches. Remove and place in casserole dish or slow cooker
- Reduce heat, add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir until onion is coated.
- Stir in stock and coconut milk and continue to stir until boiling.
- Add to casserole dish (or slow cooker) and stir to combine ingredients.
- If using a casserole dish, place the dish on stove top over low heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until meat is tender. Add water if necessary.
- Serve with rice or naan bread - both if you like :-)
The Cookditty Brisbane, AU
The Rating4 people
I've never eaten curry but, I am curious to try it. This recipe looks so simple, I don't have a reason to not try it now! :)
Thank You!cliff in Nederland loved it
This sounds wonderful! Thanks. (That's some big snake!)maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!