Texas Style Sirloin Steak with Olive RelishFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- Relish: shopping list
- 1 cup seeded, chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup pitted, brine cured black olives shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion shopping list
- Steak: shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak shopping list
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- For Relish:
- Combine tomatoes, olives, oil and red wine vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer relish to a small bowl and stir in red onion.
- For Steak:
- Stir together chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture all over the steak. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add steak to the skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer steak to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Let steak stand 5 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain and divide between plates. Spoon relish over steak and serve.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating2 people
Got to try thishungrybear in Miner loved it