Homemade Heinz 57 SauceFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup raisin puree* shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 2/3 cup malt vinegar shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon yellow prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons apple juice concentrate shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
How to make it
- To make the raisin puree, start by adding 1/4 cup each of raisins and water to your food processor and pureeing them until smooth. Measure 1/4 cup of the mixture into your saucepan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk it all together until well blended, then bring to a good boil over medium high heat before reducing the heat to low and simmering for about 30 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- All to cool, pour into a bottle and refrigerate for a day or so before serving. I usually store it in plastic containers like those you see in seafood restaurants full of cocktail sauce and no one has ever called me on it.
- Your friends will thank you, and best of all - you did it yourself!
- Though I’ve never been a big fan of the stuff myself, it seems as though the people around me at a barbecue- always seem to ask for Heinz 57 sauce. Since I don’t buy it (why buy something you do not use?), I decided that I had better look around for a good frugal copy that I could make myself for these occasions.
- When I found this one I wasn’t sure it would work out until I made a batch and served it to my friends. Not only did they have no idea it wasn’t off the shelf, they devoured the entire bottle!
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating5 people
Thank you, I don't buy it because its expensive, but like it in certain recipes.fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
Perfect!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I love 57 Sauce!shanek0378 in Toledo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!