Pecan Delight PieFrom twill10 6 years ago
- Piccadilly pecan delight ( I worked for this cafeteria many years ago and made many of these) shopping list
- Makes 6 servings shopping list
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped, for crust shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped Ritz crackers, for crust shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 3 egg whites (about Ð cup) 1/2 a cup at room temperature shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup broken pecans, for topping shopping list
- 12 ounces whipped topping, such as Cool Whip shopping list
- Be sure and let the pie dry out in a oven that has been turned off it will be spongy if it doesn't sit long enough and won't be very good at all. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans and Ritz crackers in the oven for 5 minutes to lightly roast. Watch carefully so they do not burn. The crackers and nuts should be a light golden color. Remove from oven when golden and place on paper towel until cool. Lower oven heat to 275 degrees.
- Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites and beat until stiff. Slowly add sugar and continue to beat egg whites until very stiff, peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in the toasted Ð¤cup pecans and Ritz crackers.
- Place in a 10-inch pie pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick baking spray. Spread the meringue to the sides and cover the bottom of pan. The meringue will be about 1 inch thick in the pie pan. Hollow out a little hole in the middle of the meringue the size of half a dime to help the shell bake evenly.
- Place in the 275-degree oven for 1 hour. Check shell. The meringue should be light tan in color. Turn oven off and let shell dry in the oven for another hour. Remove shell and cool.
- When shell is cool, place the whipped topping in the shell and sprinkle with ¼ cup broken pecans. Place in refrigerator to completely chill before serving
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!