Mashed Sweet Potato PancakesFrom aluminum_chef 4 years ago
- Leftover mashed sweet potatoes (i had about 2 cups left so that's what I based the amounts on) shopping list
- chopped green onions (about 2 handfuls, but add as many or as few as you'd like) shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika (to your own preferences - add more or less as you'd like - can also add in a dash of chili powder if you like it spicy) shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste) shopping list
- sour cream (optional as garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix everything together in a bowl (or whatever you were keeping your leftover sweet potatoes in - fewer dishes to wash!). If you want to taste the mixture first to see if the seasonings are to your liking, mix everything but the egg - taste and adjust accordingly - then mix in the egg after.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Drop 2 large spoonfuls per pancake into the pan (you can probably fit 2-3 pancakes at a time) and flatten with spatula (you might want to wet the spatula with water to prevent sticking). Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes per side, or until slightly browned and crispy. Turn over and cook for another 3-5 minutes.