SWEET POTATO SHRIMP CORN CHOWDERFrom oldinjun 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil shopping list
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 strip(s) lean bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 3 clove(s) garlic, mined or grated shopping list
- 4 cup(s) chicken stock shopping list
- 1 bag(s) (16-ounce) frozen corn kernels or kernels cut from 4 ears fresh corn shopping list
- 1/2 pound(s) raw medium shrimp, peeled shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce, such as louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh dill, for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream (optional), for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and bacon and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and cook until potatoes are just tender but hold their shape.
- 2. Remove 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes from stock pot and mash with a fork. Return mashed potatoes to pot. Add corn, shrimp, salt, hot pepper sauce, pepper, and fresh herbs, stirring to combine. Return soup to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes; be careful not to overcook.
- 3. Garnish soup with dill and sour cream, if desired. Soup may be made a few days ahead and chilled. Reheat before serving.
The Cookoldinjun Pembroke Pines, FL
The Rating3 people
This sounds like Grandma knew how to create heaven. I don't cook rich food frequently but as I read this recipe felt my husband swooning... and he's a couple of states away today. I am printing this out and making it when our weather's cool and he'...moreborinda in SoCal loved it
Sound goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sweet Potatoe and Shrimp!!! now that something i can live by!!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!