CRANBERRY SAUCE DIABETICFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 ( 3-oz ) packages cherry-flavored sugar-free gelatin shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped ( about ½ of a 12-oz package ) shopping list
- 14 ½ tsp. sugar substitute ( Equal or equivalent ) shopping list
- 2 cups chopped celery shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 ( 20-oz ) can crushed pineapple in juice, un-drained shopping list
- 2 cups pineapple juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add gelatin; cook 1 minute or until gelatin dissolves.
- 2)Combine cranberries and sugar substitute in a small bowl. Add cranberry mixture, celery, and remaining ingredients to gelatin; siir well. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9-inch dish. Cover and chill until slightly thickened. Serve with turkey, chicken, or pork.
- DIABETIC FRIENDLY
- To reduce fat omit pecans. It still tastes wonderful.
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Calories per serving: 84, Fat, 2.1g, Carbohydrate: 10.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 42mg