French Silk PieFrom kytigger 7 years ago
- CRUST shopping list
- 3 egg whites (at room temperature) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 4 ozs sweet baking chocolate shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided shopping list
- Sweet chocolate curls shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in chopped pecans and vanilla.
- Spoon meringue inot a well greased 9 inch piepan. Use a spoon to shape meringue into a pie shell, swirling sides high. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Cool
- Combine chocolate and water in a medium saucepan, place over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until chocolate melts. Let cool. Stir in brandy. Beat 1 cup whipping cream into chocolate mixture. Pour chocolate mixture into a cooled meringue shell; chill at least 3 hours.
- Beat remaining whipping cream until stiff peaks form; spread evenly over top of pie.
- Garnish with curls of chocolate.