Vegan Swedish MeatballsFrom chef2 4 years ago
- They’ve been a personal favorite ever since, though they remained a rare but delicious occurrence in my life. shopping list
- Making Swedish meatballs can be a little time consuming as it is a multi-step process, but well worth the effort. shopping list
- If you don’t have access to the main ingredient, Lightlife Gimme Lean, than you could try some textured vegetable protein (TVP) but I am not sure how the flavor would turn out. shopping list
- Serve finished meatballs over linguine, egg noodles or mashed potatoes. shopping list
- This recipe makes enough for five to six people to really stuff themselves. Expect leftovers. shopping list
- Vegan Swedish meatballs shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 package Gimme lean ground beef Style shopping list
- 1 package Gimme Lean sausage Style shopping list
- 2 large onions (diced small) shopping list
- 4 medium portabello mushrooms (diced very small) shopping list
- 1.5 cups dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 3/4 cup rice or soy milk shopping list
- 2 cups soy creamer (ie. Silk) shopping list
- 4 tblspn olive oil shopping list
- 3-4 tblspn corn starch or flour shopping list
- 1.75 cups homemade No-chicken broth* shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1.5 tsp sea salt shopping list
- * No-chicken broth shopping list
- 4 tblspn nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1.75 cups filtered water shopping list
- 1 tblspn sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In one bowl soak the bread crumbs with the rice milk and mix to soften.
- 2. Add half of the chopped onions, both types of Gimme Lean, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 3. Form into small 1 or 1.5 inch balls by rolling between your palms.
- 4. Brown the meatballs on all sides in a skillet with the olive oil.
- 5. Return meatballs to a large casserole dish or skillet (depends on whether you choose to bake or boil the sauce.)
- 6. In a separate sauce pan heat olive oil and fry the other half of the onions to soften them.
- 7. Add mushrooms and saute for two minutes.
- 8. Add soy cream and corn starch to thicken. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 9. Add No-Chicken Broth, a pinch of nutmeg, salt & pepper. Allow to thicken again.
- 10. Add to meatballs and simmer or bake for 15-20 minutes on low to medium-low heat.
- 11. Ladle over noodles and serve.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!