Chicken Breasts with Mustard Cream SauceFrom jencathen 7 years ago
- 4 chicken breast halves- pounded 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 shallots- chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- When foaming add chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until golden and just tender about 5 minutes per side. Be careful not to cook to high to fast so adjust your pan temp accordingly. Remove chicken from pan when done.
- Pour off excess fat from pan and turn heat on pan to medium low heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until translucent. Add the mustard and cream to the pan and raise heat to medium. Scrape up brown bits as you stir with a spoon. Cook until thickened and mixed about 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce. Transfer to serving dish or individual plates and sprinkle with parsley. Serve at once.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating5 people
Sounds great!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Thanks. Our grocery store had chicken breast on sale this week. I will have to try this recipe this.lisamariecr in Hanceville loved it
With busy and sometimes hectic days, it's great to find simple recipes that don't take hours to make..Great , simple and good for also a simple dinner party..also, nice to know that research is now proving that real butter is actually BETTER for us t...morehiggalot in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!