Fried Apple PiesFrom angelgirl94 4 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 large granny smith apples shopping list
- 3 large Golden Delicious apple shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar-or to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice-fresh or bottled shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg-or to taste shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 8-count can jumbo biscuits(such as Grands) shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- oil- peanut, vegetable,corn, or canola shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium low heat.
- Peel and dice Granny Smith apples. Add to pan.
- Peel and thinly slice Golden Delicious apples. Add to pan.
- Toss apples until well coated with buttter
- Add sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until apples are tender. Mixture will be thick.
- Cool completely.
- When apples are cool, open can of biscuits and roll one out on a clean floured surface to about a 5 inch circle.
- Moisten the edge the the circle with a little water.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of apple filling in the center of dough. Spread filling out to about 1/2 inch from the edge of the lower half of dough.
- Fold the top half of dough down over bottom half. Crimp edges with fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- In a large cast iron skillet or electric skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry pies 2 or 3 at a time for two minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels placed over a wire cooling rack.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and generously sprinkle over pies as soon and they come out of the oil.
- Serve warm or cool.
- When in season, use fresh picked peaches instead of apples. Crazy good!
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating2 people
"5"FORK!!!!! 'WINNER'(^_^) ~
My Grandchildren will Love to 'gobble'
these little 'gems'!
Thank-you for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it