Chopped Chicken Liver PateFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 lb. fresh chicken livers – wash and drain, discard anything that looks unusually colored (while not bad, sometimes these can add strong flavors) shopping list
- 2 small onions diced finely shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3 hard boiled eggs (1 is for garnish) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- marsala wine (if you desire) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in pan until they are golden brown.
- Add in washed chicken livers, and cook for approximately 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Once chicken livers are done remove the chicken livers.
- You can either chop the livers finely and 2 of the hard boiled eggs, or run them through a grinder, or pulse them a few times in a food processor.
- You may want to deglaze the pan with some Marsala, you could use a little bit of chicken broth or even water.
- Scrape the pan clean.
- Add back the livers and egg mixture to the pan.
- Stir in the onions that you left behind in pan.
- Now place the entire mixture into a bowl ( or a fancy dish to unmold ) and set in your refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Before serving chop the 1 remaining hard boiled egg and place on top of the chopped liver pate.
- Use as a spread for crackers, baguette, etc
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
I like this, as I enjoy meat pates! Loks easy enoughchichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
This is a great pate!! five forks!goodeat in Benton loved it
Quick N Easy121 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
Cheap N Easy53 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Easy And Delicious86 members