Apricot Glazed Cornish Hens for 2From lisamariecr 5 years ago
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 Cornish game hens shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated onion shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the salt and cayenne.
- Rub a third of the mixture inside hens.
- Brush 1 tablespoon butter over hens; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the preserves, honey, onion, nutmeg and remaining butter.
- Cook and stir until preserves are melted.
- Brush over hens.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F.
- Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.