Pork Stew with White Beans and EggplantFrom hungrybear 3 years ago
- 1 cup dried white beans shopping list
- 5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder -- cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- salt and pepper -- to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 6 cups water -- (or more) shopping list
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 cup onion -- minced shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves -- minced shopping list
- 4 large plum tomatoes -- chopped shopping list
- eggplant shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place beans in bowl. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch; soak overnight.
- 2. Heat 2 Tbs.. oil in heavy Dutch oven over high heat. Season pork with
- salt and pepper. Working in batches, add pork to pan; brown on all sides,
- about 7 minutes per batch. Transfer to plate. Pour off drippings. Add wine
- to pan; cook 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits. Add pork, beans, 6 cups
- water, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to simmer, skimming foam from surface.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 1-1/2
- 3. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbs.. oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add
- eggplant and season with salt. Sauté until brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on
- paper towels. Heat 1 Tbs.. oil in same skillet over low heat. Add onion;
- sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add tomatoes; stir until thick, about 5 minutes. Add mixture to pork; add
- eggplant. Cover partially and simmer over low heat until eggplant is tender,
- adding more water if too thick, about 20 minutes. Season mixture with salt
- and pepper.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating4 people
YUMMMMMMM BUT IM NOT YET READY TO HYBERNATE LOL
GOOD ONE LOVE IT
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is a very good recipe!goodeat in Benton loved it
I really like it myself too! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!